An exciting opportunity exists at Salvador Ready-mix concrete LP for a self-motivated individual to join our team as our General Manager. This position provides leadership, planning, organization, direction, coordination, and control to meet the growth and profit objectives of the company. This is a full-time salary position based out of our Cranbrook office and will report to the Director, British Columbia Infrastructure Services.
Who we are:
Salvador Ready-mix Concrete is an East Kootenay based Concrete and Aggregate supplier, specializing wide range of quality concrete and aggregate products.
Salvador Ready-mix Concrete is part of the Mainroad Group, which is an employee-owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure works across Western Canada.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, performance-based bonus, paid vacation time, the option to join a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and the opportunity to purchase shares and become an owner of the Company!
What you bring:
- Diploma in Civil Technology; ASTTBC Applied Technologist; or, Bachelor of Science degree in engineering.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in concrete and aggregate production, including all aspects of sales, business development, and execution.
- Specialized courses in concrete and aggregate operational and/or managerial concepts.
- Valid Mine Supervisor Certification or the ability to obtain certification within 6 months.
- Established experience in contract administration including claims, bonding, insurance and liability.
- Strong cost estimating skills.
- Ability to lead change of shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to build, maintain and leverage relationships with employees, customers, contractors and suppliers.
- Experienced leader, motivational team builder with effective people and communication skills.
- Possesses “learning agility” and ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies, processes, and practices.
- Previous experience managing in a unionized environment.
This role involves a range of job duties, which include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements operational priorities and strategic goals to provide direct reports with direction and prioritization of their operation to ensure maximum productivity and morale.
- Assesses local market for operational growth opportunities.
- Provides leadership, planning, organization, direction, coordination and control to meet the profit and growth objectives of Salvador.
- Prepares financial budgets for executives’ approval and monitors business performance on a regular basis.
- Develops and implements business initiatives to improve delivery of services/products and efficiency.
- Develops and implements long-range business plans for business growth opportunities.
- Maintains and enforces full compliance with corporate programs, policies and procedures such as safety programs, employee programs, branding guidelines, employee expectations, etc.
- Maintains and enforces full compliance with Regulatory agencies.
- Maintains compliance with EMLI and ALC.
- Collaborates with internal and external business partners to optimize operational efficiency and business synergies.
- Oversees development of estimates and ensures pricing is competitive and profitable.
- Provides leadership and direction to direct reports as well as contract administration and risk management support.
- Ensures direct reports are proficient with corporate business management systems, processes and procedures and provides training as needed.
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of direct reports regularly for goal achievement and career development.
- Monitors efficiency of equipment fleet and ensures maintenance and repairs are effectively managed.
- Prepares monthly forecasts to ensure accuracy of month end financials and prepares monthly Operating Company financial reports for distribution to the Mainroad Group.
- In unison with Mainroad’s corporate teams, implements systems, policies and procedures that provide improved operations control and efficiencies.
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and respect people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We are committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment where everyone can thrive and succeed.