Looking for a challenging and exciting job where you can play a crucial role in maintaining safe and effective traffic flow on our highways? Look no further than SPR Traffic Services LP! We have Traffic Control Person/General Labourer positions available for those looking to join our team in the Parksville region.
SPR is a full-service traffic management provider serving Central Vancouver Island highways, freeways, municipal roads, as well as remote site construction areas. We strive to maintain the highest standard in safety; ensuring our customers, the public, and our employees return home safely each day.
What we offer:
- Collaborative team culture that values cooperation and teamwork
- Highly competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Mentorship and training to support professional growth and development
- Employee recognition initiatives to acknowledge outstanding contributions
- An open-door policy to foster transparent communication and accessibility
- The opportunity to be an integral part of the employee-owned Mainroad Group of Companies
What you bring:
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License, ensuring the ability to operate vehicles as needed
- Demonstrate flexibility in working various shifts (day, afternoon, night)
- Exhibit a strong work ethic and willingness to perform job duties in all weather conditions
- Capable of handling physically demanding tasks associated with the role
- An ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Adaptability and openness to cross-training opportunities to meet evolving job demands
- Possess skills in operating various hand tools (e.g., chain saws, weed-whackers) is an asset
This role involves a range of job duties, which include, but are not limited to:
- Perform general roadside maintenance such as litter collection, grass cutting, tree and brush maintenance
- Patrol highways and maintain rest stops, shoulders and drainage
- Control traffic during road maintenance activities and in emergency situations
- Snow removal (seasonal)
- Ensure safety measures are followed and report any safety concerns or equipment malfunctions
- Maintain vehicle and equipment by greasing and checking fluid levels
- Establish work zones safely and clearly using appropriate signage and delineation devices
This is a unionized position where all entitlements and other terms are stated in the Collective Agreement.
At SPR, we believe in building a tight-knit team where our employees are treated like family. We encourage a culture that promotes fresh perspectives, places value on curiosity, and cultivates a passion for continued learning.
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and respect people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We are committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment where everyone can thrive and succeed.