Mainroad Lower Mainland is currently seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Warehouse Associate to join our dedicated team. The Warehouse Associate is responsible for a range of duties relating to the purchase of parts and items for the mechanical shop and other departments as needed. The position will work with the mechanical crew to identify parts and supply needs.
What you bring:
- Completion of high-school education, or equivalent.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Experience with inventory management programs is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Proven experience as a Parts Technician, Stockworker, Warehouse worker or related role is preferred.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles is preferred.
- Ability to lift/carry 50lbs.
- Strong Mechanical with knowledge of automotive/heavy equipment parts.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy.
- Creative problem-solver and exceptional negotiation skills.
- Ability to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including vendors, managers, subcontractors, supervisors and tradespeople.
- Reliable, positive attitude and willing/able to perform duties without immediate supervision.
This role involves a range of job duties, which include, but are not limited to:
- Sourcing and purchasing parts, stock, and miscellaneous items as requested.
- Creating purchase orders for stock items, mechanical parts, and shop related items.
- Processing invoices for payment.
- Capturing costs of purchases accurately across internal company systems.
- Ensuring inventory is tracked and sufficient levels are kept on hand.
- Preforming yearly inventory counts and adjustments.
- Picking up parts and materials as needed.
- Maintaining tracking sheets for internal/external compliance-related items.
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or by email at email@example.com. Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and respect people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We are committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment where everyone can thrive and succeed.