An exciting career opportunity exists at Mainroad Lower Mainland Contracting LP for a Journeyman Commercial Transport Mechanic or Heavy Duty Mechanic based out of our shop in Cloverdale, BC. This is a unionized position, with all benefits and other terms stated in detail in the Collective Agreement.
The TJ Mechanic will work with vehicles such as plow trucks, loaders, dump trucks, tow trucks and other large specialized commercial vehicles. In this position you will be tasked with inspecting, diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining a wide array of fleet including, Kenworth, Western Star, Peterbilt, Freightliner and Isuzu commercial trucks along with several Ford and Ram support vehicles.
The Lower Mainland Service area spans 1,525 kilometres of roadway including 626 major structures (e.g. bridges, retaining walls, culverts, and sign structures). If you are looking to be a part of a dynamic workplace that offers a diverse variety of work, then look no further!
What we offer:
- Competitive wages, benefits, vacation, RRSP matching, and annual cost of living pay increases.
- Regular fixed schedule of Monday to Friday 6:00am – 2:00pm with occasional opportunities for overtime and some seasonal shift work during winter.
- Become a shareholder! Mainroad Group is 100% employee owned.
- Career progression! We cultivate a supportive learning environment where employees are encouraged to grow, develop, and advance.
- Our core value is the safety of our employees – we are dedicated to safety standards ensuring each member of our team returns home safely.
What you bring:
- B.C. Certificate of Qualification, and/or Interprovincial Ticket as a Heavy-Duty Mechanic Commercial Transport, or Truck & Transport Mechanic is required.
- Valid class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement is required.
- Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement (CVSE) Inspection Certification is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 (three) years’ experience as a Mechanic is an asset.
- Experience in highway maintenance and/or municipal equipment is an asset.
- Welding experience is an asset.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Capable of performing heavy physical duties.
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work shifts (including night shift).
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Dedicated and committed.
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or by email at email@example.com. Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and respect people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We are committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment where everyone can thrive and succeed.