Join our dedicated team at Mainroad East Kootenay Contracting LP, based in Cranbrook, BC.
As a Road Manager, you’ll report directly to the Operations Manager. Mainroad East Kootenay is responsible for the maintenance of British Columbia’s provincial highways and roads between Radium Hot Springs (North), Goatfel (West), Alberta (East) and the U.S. border (South).
The Mainroad Group is an employee-owned company with a diverse portfolio of award winning businesses offering unparalleled expertise to solve any infrastructure need in the communities in which we live and work
What we Offer:
- Competitive pay & comprehensive benefits.
- 4 weeks’ vacation.
- Opportunities for share ownership & RRSPs.
- Collaborate with a dedicated and professional team.
- Opportunities for professional development and skill enhancement.
What you Bring:
- Minimum 3 years maintenance, construction or related experience, experience in a unionized management/supervisory role.
- Completed post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering is preferred.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.
- In-depth understanding of road and bridge maintenance and/or construction.
- Strong communication (both written and oral) and organizational skills.
- Basic estimating skills and/or experience.
- Proficiency with computer systems; testing will be conducted.
- Creative problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to new job responsibilities.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with diverse groups, including owners, managers, subcontractors, designers, supervisors, tradespeople, the public, and MoTI personnel.
- Reliable with a positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
This role involves a range of job duties, which include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee daily maintenance in the designated area of responsibility.
- Conduct site visits before construction and/or maintenance if unfamiliar with the site and location.
- Discuss work with Foreman prior to commencement and ensure all required information for the job is available.
- Ensure employees are clear about their roles, responsibilities, and expected performance standards.
- Meet MoTI expectations for service level and quality.
- Preplan annual work, schedule own forces and subcontractors as needed, and assist with weekly and daily task planning to optimize use of labor, equipment, and materials.
- Analyze and address technical problems efficiently; develop contingency plans for common issues.
- Maintain open communication with clients, subcontractors, vendors, and inspectors, and prepare/disseminate reports as needed or required.
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in our workplace. All qualified individuals, irrespective of their background, identity, or perspective, are encouraged to apply. We aim to create a work environment where everyone is respected and can thrive.