We are looking at expanding the team and adding a self-motivated individual to join our team at Mainroad Ontime Sales & Leasing (Corporate Fleet) as a Regional Equipment Manager in Cranbrook.
Ontime Sales and Leasing (Corporate Fleet) provides Fleet and Equipment support to over 2000+ Assets across 19 Operating Companies in BC & AB within the Mainroad Group. This position would be focusing on the East Kootenay divisions and our electrical division in Kelowna
Mainroad Group is an employee-owned company recognized as a leader in providing innovative, safe and reliable maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada. Learn more about the Mainroad Group at www.Mainroad.ca
This position provides leadership, planning, organization, direction, coordination and monitors financial performance to meet operational & regulatory needs as they relate to Fleet Assets within the Region. This is a full-time permanent salary position based out of Mainroad East Kootenay Office (Cranbrook), BC and will report to and be mentored by Fleet Operations Manager.
This role involves a range of job duties, which include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership and oversight of day-to-day operations of all aspects of Fleet Services in Southern Interior and East Kootenay’s.
- Provide technical support in diagnostics, repairs and preventative maintenance programs to maximise asset availability.
- Monitor and supervise the maintenance of equipment.
- Oversee the direction of work of the mechanical team through the Trades Supervisor(s) by assigning and prioritising scheduled work, coaching, training and performance management when appropriate, maintaining performance standards and checking results.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of a variety of reports, support information, and documentation management including reports related to safety audits, pre-trip inspections, preventative maintenance/inspection (PMIs), fuel management and asset utilization.
- Provide oversight of 3rd Party Repairs, Part Procurement & Inventory Management.
- Develop short and long range plans for Fleet Services to include life cycle analysis of assets.
- Abide by and comply with provincial (CVSE) and/or federal transportation regulations (NSC) and support relevant aspects of audits and protocols.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of objectives, policies and procedures.
- Assist and / or develop budget forecasts, monitoring and expenditures in conjunction with the Fleet Operations Manager.
Leadership and People Management
- Supervise Mechanical Supervisors and the fleet teams within Southern Interior and East Kootenay’s with an emphasis on efficiency, accuracy, productivity, quality, and safety to ensure superior customer service.
- Build a team environment through continual mentoring, coaching and recognition.
- Ensure fleet employee activities are conducted according to OH&S Legislation and Work Safe BC policies and procedures at all times.
What you bring:
- Five (5) years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in highway maintenance, construction, or a closely related field is required.
- Alberta Certificate of Qualification, and/or Interprovincial Ticket as a Mechanic is an asset (Heavy Equipment Technician is preferred).
- Proficiency in computer systems, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Automated Vehicle Location Services (AVLS) / Telematics, garage management systems for work orders & parts inventory management.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize various projects.
- Results-focused with a proven ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Knowledge of Fleet Management Systems & Procedures and accounting systems to track vehicle expenses in fuel, maintenance & repairs, warranty claims and motor vehicle incidences (MVI’s).
- Willingness and ability to travel to worksites within Southern Interior and East Kootenay’s.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours as needed.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, paid vacation time, auto allowance, Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and the opportunity to purchase shares and become an owner of the Company!
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or via email at email@example.com. Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and respect people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We are committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment where everyone can thrive and succeed.