SPR Traffic Services LP (“SPR”) has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to join our growing team. SPR strives to maintain the highest standard in safety, ensuring our employees, customers, and the public return home safely each day. SPR specializes in a wide variety of construction and contracting services in addition to being a full-service traffic management provider, including vegetation control, site cleanup, parking lot maintenance, construction labour, asphalt crack sealing, and snow removal. This is a full-time, salaried position and is based out of our office in Parksville, BC.
What you Bring:
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Strong proficiency in computer systems & software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams
- Completion of post-secondary diploma, or degree in business administration, or a related field is an asset
- Prior experience (i.e. traffic control, construction, transportation, e-comm) is an asset
- Strong leadership, organizational and administrative skills
- Sound understanding of accounts payable cycle and basic accounting knowledge is an asset
- Learning agility and willing to continually learn and develop
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven contract management expertise and financial acumen
- Experienced leader with strong persuasiveness, encouraging and motivating leadership style
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure changing environment
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills
This role involves a range of job duties, which include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements operational priorities and strategic goals to ensure maximum productivity and morale.
- Assesses local market(s) for operational growth opportunities.
- Leads customer management and overall growth of the business.
- Meets routinely with direct reports to discuss personal and professional progress, challenges, etc. (via phone calls, one on one, site visits, monthly operation meeting, etc.).
- Drives a positive safety culture within the operation through safety leadership.
- Physically and frequently visits active work sites to promote employee engagement and complete safety reviews.
- Implements annual performance goals with direct reports and ensures all required performance goals are implemented.
- Oversees requisitions for purchases of equipment, materials, operating supplies and/or professional services needed to meet the operational objectives while meeting the determined budget.
- In conjunction with the Director of Operations establishes, implements, and tracks annual Operating Company budgets and long-term growth plans.
- Prepares monthly forecasts to ensure accuracy of month end financials and prepare monthly Operating Company financial reports for distribution to the Mainroad Group.
- In unison with Mainroad’s corporate teams, implements systems, policies and procedures that provide improved operations control and efficiencies.
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and respect people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We are committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment where everyone can thrive and succeed.