An exciting opportunity exists at Mainroad for a Mechanical Apprentice who has completed their 1st year apprenticeship to join our team! This full-time opportunity would be based in our yard in Cranbrook, BC and would report to the Trade Supervisor Mechanic.
Maintenance services are our core specialty with over thirty five years of experience on British Columbia’s busiest roadways. Our experience, specialized knowledge, and skills spill beyond 25 years with many of our employees working within the highway maintenance field before the BC government privatized these services in 1988. With a solid history, we have built a successful foundation for the future of highway maintenance.
- Broad-based Employee Ownership!
- COR certified by the BC Construction Safety Alliance.
- Service 3,673 kms of roadway including 151 major structures.
What you Bring:
- Completion of 1st year apprenticeship is required (commercial transport, heavy-duty, or automotive)
- Valid Class 7 or 5 Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract is required.
- Proficient in using computer software and programs (GMS/ Focus software).
- Thorough knowledge of the Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations.
- Ability to acquire and record accurate information.
- Willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Capable of performing heavy physical labour.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Positive attitude with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Safety conscious.
- Dedicated and committed.
This role involves a range of job duties, which include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures a wide range of Company vehicles and equipment, as assigned, are repaired and/or receive the specified maintenance in accordance with established standards.
- Maintains knowledge and skills at a level which enables ongoing effectiveness in handling all aspects of the work.
- Ensures co-workers, customers and members of the general public receive co-operation, service and respect at all times.
- Provides complete and timely records as required by Company policies and guidelines.
- Ensures all assigned tools and equipment are accounted for and are properly maintained.
- Performs other related duties and special assignments as required and assigned.
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or by email at email@example.com. Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and respect people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We are committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment where everyone can thrive and succeed.