Due to rapid growth and expansion, we are currently seeking a talented, customer-focused and highly motivated Human Resources Generalist to provide HR support to our employees for our two operating businesses in Cranbook – Mainroad East Kootenay Contracting and Salvador Ready-Mix.
The Mainroad Group is an employee-owned company recognized as a leader in providing safe and reliable highways maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure works and commercial building projects across Canada. As part of our dynamic HR team, you will act as an HR business partner to provide HR services, advice, support and direction to managers and employees.
This role involves a range of job duties, which include, but are not limited to:
- Talent Acquisition – Provides full-cycle recruitment services for Mainroad’s operating businesses (ie. hiring requests, posting/advertising job openings, resume screening, interviewing, reference/background checks, and job offer presentations).
- Onboarding – Provides planning, coordination and support for HR onboarding of new employees, especially during mobilization phase for acquired companies.
- Performance Management – Provides support, advice and consultation to managers and employees on annual performance goals and measures.
- Employee Relations – Provides day-to-day guidance to managers regarding employee relations matters including coaching and discipline.
- Labour/Employee Relations – Supports and guides managers on day-to-day labour/employee relations issues including collective agreement interpretation, coaching, and discipline.
Other areas of involvement may include:
- Leadership Development Training
- Employee Engagement
- Policy Administration
- Workforce Planning
As a successful HR professional, you bring the following key qualifications, skills and attributes to Mainroad:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources Management;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a human resources role in a unionized environment;
- Experience in delivering HR services within a complex, multi-operational company structure;
- Experience delivering HR services in the field based on a centralized HR model;
- Proven ability to work with a high degree of independence and in concert with the Corporate HR department;
- Highly regarded by others for your professionalism and tact;
- Consistently demonstrates a high degree ethics and integrity consistent with Mainroad’s values;
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive and challenging matters;
- Recognized as an outstanding and diplomatic communicator at all levels with excellent business writing and presentation skills;
- Self-motivated with a passion for learning new things;
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment;
- Exceptional computer skills using MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook; and,
- Ability to travel between all of Mainroad’s East Kootenay yards when needed and occasional overnight travel to the lower mainland, Vancouver Island and Alberta.
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and respect people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We are committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment where everyone can thrive and succeed.