Mainroad North Island Contracting LP is currently looking for Highway Maintenance Driver/Labourers based out of our Cumberland yard. These are casual, on-call positions and are from now until approximately April 2024.
Mainroad Group has been a leader in BC’s highway maintenance industry for over 30 years and is rapidly growing. As a result, we are looking for outstanding individuals who are committed to providing safe and reliable highways this season!
Drivers must have the ability to work on call shifts 24/7, including graveyard shifts. They will be responsible for operating & driving sanding, plowing, and salting trucks during snow events.
What you bring:
- Class 1 or 3 driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement and a clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to drive a truck, run a loader, and skilled in driving standard transmission
- Willing to work in extreme weather conditions
- Previous experience in construction and/or highway maintenance is an asset
- Mechanical skills and ability to learn quickly
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
This role involves a range of job duties, which include, but are not limited to:
- Sanding, plowing snow, and salting highways/roads during snow events
- Clearing of litter, debris, and roadkill
- Operating and driving trucks to haul material
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or by email at email@example.com. Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and respect people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We are committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment where everyone can thrive and succeed.