Mainroad Fraser Maintenance is adding a Highway Maintenance Worker/ General Labourer to the team! This is a full-time position based out of our Port Kells Yard in Langley, BC.
This position will be 4 shifts on, 3 shifts off (10 hour shifts).
Mainroad Fraser Maintenance provides operations, maintenance, and rehabilitation services for the South Fraser Perimeter Road. Mainroad is contracted to the Fraser Transportation Group Partnership a joint venture between ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc. and Ledcor Industrial/Mining Group Ltd.
SFPR is approximately a 40km long, four-lane, 80km/hr route along the south side of the Fraser River from Deltaport Way in southwest Delta to 176th Street (Highway 15) in Surrey. This stretch of highway is an essential connection between ferry terminals in Tsawwassen to British Columbia’s interior via Highways 1, 15, 17, 91, 99 and TransLink’s Golden Ears Bridge as well as being a significant improvement in the transportation of goods requiring access to and from Delta and Surrey Ports.
What you Bring:
- Class 3 with Air Brake Endorsement is required
- Minimum two (2) years’ driving experience is preferred
- Previous experience in highway maintenance and/or municipal roadway operations is an asset
- Willing to work in all weather conditions
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Dedicated and committed to providing safe and reliable highways for the driving public
This role involves a range of job duties, which include, but are not limited to:
- Carries out pre & post-trip inspections on equipment
- Provides safe and clearly established lane closures as per the BC Traffic Management Manual for Work on Roadways
- Performs maintenance tasks related to road works including, pothole patching, hand cutting of grass and brush, barrier maintenance and other related duties
- Collect and dispose of debris encountered during patrols and as/when encountered throughout the right of way within the appropriate response times
- Responsible for operation of salt trucks including snowplows with wing attachment, brine applications and all related winter operations in snow events.
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or online at www.mainroad.careers. Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and respect people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We are committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment where everyone can thrive and succeed.