An exciting opportunity exists at Raylec Power (Alberta) LP for an Equipment Operator to join our team primarily operating our backhoe, mini excavator and Radial Boom Derrick (RBD)/Digger Derrick. This is a full-time position based out of our yard in Rocky View County, Alberta and will report to the General Manager.
Raylec Power (Alberta) delivers roadway lighting and traffic signal installation as well as specialized electrical repair & maintenance services. Expertise and first-rate service is provided to a variety of commercial and industrial clients in the Southern and Central Alberta region.
Raylec Power (Alberta) LP is part of the Mainroad Group, which is an employee owned company recognized as a leader in providing safe and reliable road maintenance, products and construction services for civil infrastructure works and commercial building projects across Canada.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits package, the opportunity to join a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and the opportunity to purchase shares and become an owner of the Company!
What you bring:
- Class 3 Driver’s License and Airbrake Endorsement with a clean driver’s abstract (or the ability to obtain within three (3) months from the date of hire)
- Prior experience operating a crane, bucket truck and excavator/backhoe
- Mechanical knowledge to repair/maintain equipment
- General knowledge of and related experience in underground civil works such as; trenching, conduit installation, concrete installation and earth work
- Ability to perform shift work (i.e. days, afternoons, nights)
- Willingness to work in extreme weather conditions
- Motivated, self-starter who has the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Team player with a positive attitude
The following is preferred:
- Prior experience operating a radial boom derrick (RBD)/digger derrick
The following would be considered an asset:
- Class 1 Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract
- Prior experience operating a forklift, plate compactor, jumping jack, dump trailer, pickup truck/flat deck and arrow truck
- Traffic Control Person (TCP) certification
- Occupational First Aid (OFA) levels I, II and/or III
- Fall protection certification
- An interest in pursuing a career in the electrical industry
This role involves a range of job duties, which include, but are not limited to:
- Operating and using various types of equipment, including: radial boom derrick (RBD)/digger derrick, bucket truck, crane, excavator/backhoe, forklift, plate compactor, jumping jack, dump trailer, pickup truck/flat deck and arrow truck (as necessary, upon obtaining required training or certification)
- Shoveling work including: working in trenches, hand trenching and backfilling
- Landscaping and cleaning up road surfaces
- Receiving and counting stock items, ensuring items are stored in an orderly and accessible manner
- Handling of stock items including pick up and delivery, to/from designated sites
- Cleaning and maintaining supplies, tools, equipment and storage areas
- Traffic control, as required (upon, obtaining TCP certification)
As this position may be required to work on projects and subjected to the employment requirements of a prime contractor, employment of a final candidate will be conditional upon completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol assessment with satisfactory results.
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or by email at email@example.com. Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and respect people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We are committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment where everyone can thrive and succeed.