Join our dedicated team at Mainroad Chinook Contracting LP, based in Rocky View County, Alberta. As an Equipment Operator, you’ll report directly to the Road Manager and play a vital role in civil infrastructure maintenance and construction. Mainroad Group is an employee-owned company recognized for providing safe, reliable, and innovative services across Canada.
What we Offer:
- Competitive pay based on experience level.
- 4 on, 4 off winter schedule.
- Equipment training and experience.
What you Bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Class 3 Driver’s License with air brake endorsement and a clean driver’s abstract, or willingness to obtain Class 3Q.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in related work.
- Previous experience operating highway maintenance/snow removal equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of the Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations.
- Availability to work shifts, call-outs, weekends, and overtime as required.
- Willingness to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Mechanical aptitude and quick learning ability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt, solve problems, and think quickly.
- Capable of performing heavy physical labour.
- Team-oriented, dedicated, and committed.
This role involves a range of job duties, which include, but are not limited to:
- Operating and driving trucks to haul asphalt and other materials.
- Sanding, plowing snow, and salting highways/roads during snow events.
- Physical labour including clearing vegetation, patching potholes, and other heavy lifting.
- Inspecting multi-use pathways, highway shoulders, interchanges to ensure debris clearance.
- Conducting pre-trip and post-trip checks.
- Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of other road users.
- Traffic control as required.
- Other job duties as required.
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or by email at email@example.com. Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and respect people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We are committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment where everyone can thrive and succeed.