An exciting opportunity exists at Cobra Electric Services Ltd. for a painter and labourer to join our team! This is a full-time position based out Cobra’s yard in Surrey and will report to the Foreman.
Scope of work includes: street lights, traffic pole painting, decorative banner installation, street light pole inspections, tree trimming around traffic and street lighting systems, and seasonal display installations (holiday decor) at various locations throughout the Lower Mainland.
What you bring:
- Previous construction (painting) experience, Red Seal is preferred but no required.
- Grade 12 education.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license. Driver’s abstract will be required.
- Experience with hand tools/equipment and towing a small trailer.
- Experience in working in traffic is preferred.
- Operating bucket truck experience is preferred.
- Experience towing various trailers.
- Ability to work shift work when needed (days, nights, or weekends but limited).
- Willing to work in various weather conditions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and,
- Dedicated, committed and safety conscious.
This role involves a range of job duties, which include, but are not limited to:
- Operating bucket truck.
- Driving truck with utility trailer from Surrey yard to jobsites
- Loading and unloading equipment.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Loading, unloading and cleanliness of vehicle and equipment.
- Operating hand and power tools of all types.
- Maintain, clean and basic daily maintenance of equipment and tools as, as required.
- Perform physical labour in a variety of different construction projects.
- Reviewing site drawings and confirming site details.
- Communicating with Foreman on daily progress.
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and respect people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We are committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment where everyone can thrive and succeed.