A new and exciting opportunity exists at G&E Contracting LP for a Class 1 Driver (Truck and Pup). This full-time position will be based out of our Langford yard in Victoria, reporting directly to our Dispatcher.
G&E Contracting LP, a Vancouver Island based civil construction and excavation company specializing in a wide range of civil and bridge infrastructure services. G&E has established a successful reputation in Commercial, Residential, Institutional and Industrial projects and has been servicing the construction industry since 1979.
What you bring:
- A Class 1 driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience driving truck and pup.
- Basic equipment operating and loading experience.
- Flexibility to work different shifts, if needed.
- A willingness to learn, practice safe work habits, and actively participate in worksite safety.
- Be a team player, comfortable working within a collaborative environment.
- Be capable of taking direction and instructions.
Job duties will include a wide variety of tasks, but are not limited to the following:
- Safely load and transport materials/products to various job sites using a truck and pup configuration.
- Regularly maintain the vehicle and equipment, ensuring they remain clean and properly greased.
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and respect people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We are committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment where everyone can thrive and succeed.