Mainroad North Island Contracting LP is seeking dedicated Trade Journeyman Bridgeworkers (or Carpenters) to join our expanding team! This position will be based out of our Cumberland yard and will report to the Bridge Foreman.
As a key service provider for the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure’s 10-year contract in Service Area 3, covering Northern Vancouver Island, Mainroad North Island Contracting LP is a recognized leader in delivering innovative, safe, and reliable maintenance, products, and construction services for civil infrastructure across Canada.
What you bring:
- Completion of secondary school
- Trade Journeyman Piledriver & Bridgeworker, Carpentry, or equivalent certificate in a related field
- A valid Class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement and clean driver’s abstract
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in highway/bridge maintenance or a related field (preferred)
- Crane operator certificate for boom/folding crane (preferred)
- Capable of performing heavy physical labor
- Ability to work different shifts
- Safety conscious, willingness to learn and practice safe work habits, and actively participate in worksite safety
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Comfortable working on top of and under bridge structures of varying heights
- Ability to travel for extended periods
- Strong team player mentality
- Ability to take direction and instructions
What you’ll do:
- Performing a wide range of routine and complex repairs to timber, concrete, and steel bridges, including joint repairs and deck patching
- Maintaining, repairing, and cleaning bridges, as well as completing other assigned projects
- Recording and promptly reporting any items requiring repair, maintenance, or cleaning on appropriate documentation
- Conducting pre-trip checks on vehicles, ensuring brakes, steering, windshield wipers, fluid levels, and circle checks are performed diligently
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, as well as opportunities for growth and development within our dynamic organization.
If you are excited to be a part of our dynamic and expanding team, we invite you to apply by submitting your resume via this advertisement, or online at www.mainroad.ca/careers.Please note, only qualified shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mainroad Group is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We welcome and respect people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives. We are committed to creating a fair and equitable work environment where everyone can thrive and succeed.